Electric Safety at Home
Safety procedures & standards for home are mentioned below:
- Use BSTI approved conductor & equipment for house wiring purpose.
- All circuits are to be protected by proper fuse/C.Bs.
- All house hold equipments like freeze, oven, Television, Computer etc. should be properly grounded.
- All switches are to be installed on phases of the supply line.
- A two pole main switch for single phase & a four pole main switch for 3 phase supply is to installed.
- The alternate generator supply is to be installed through a change over switch of proper rating.
- Switch is not to be operated with wet hands.
- The house construction is to be such that it is at a safe distance from nearby electrical overhead lines.
- Tree plantation is to be such that it is clearly away from the overhead lines.